Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to www.dirtbikesaction.com Forum!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and FOC.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MX i Singapore
Topic Started: 31 Jul 2011, 11:04 (3,548 Views)
Dpo

Hi

Just moved to Singapore and would like to pick up dirt biking again after years of no riding. A few novice questions which I hope someone could advise on:

Are their any mx or enduro tracks or possibilities at all in Singapore?

Most websites i have found refers to MY. Do you Singapore riders bring the bike over the border every weekend in a trailer, or store somewhere in MY?

Brgds
David

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

racer
Member Avatar

Hello David,
Welcome to sunny island Singapore!

First of all, there is no legal riding grounds in Singapore. That said, some riders do venture into the foresty areas at their own risks. Best to meet up with local riders and find out how you can join them.

MSSC, a local dirt biking club, also hold riding sessions and enduro challenges in nearby state of Malaysia. These riding grounds are about 30mins away from the immigration custom. Check out the facebook page below for weekly riding session.

In Singapore, you can either buy road-legal dirt bikes (you can ride these across the custom to Malaysia) or non-road legal bikes (pure MX, offroad bikes. these will require a registered trailer to haul across the causeway to Malaysia, as well as transporting within Singapore. Or if you have a business which you can purchase a van under, you may use the van for transportation. But the van will require special permit for ferrying the bike to Malaysia). Check out Dirtwheel, local KTM agent. Find out from the owner Mr Ong how you can arrange for transportation for the bike.

Here are a few starting places for you:

MSSC (Motorcycle Sport and Safety Club) Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/179393717374

Dirtwheel (KTM Singapore) -
Blk 9004 #01-100
Tampines Street 93
Singapore 528838
Tel: 6783 3063 / 6783 6463 (Close on Sundays. Call to enquire on operation hours)

Let me know if you need more information.

Dpo

Thanks! I will join the Facebook page and head over to Dirtwheel

artchap

Dpo
31 Jul 2011, 11:04
Hi

Just moved to Singapore and would like to pick up dirt biking again after years of no riding. A few novice questions which I hope someone could advise on:

Are their any mx or enduro tracks or possibilities at all in Singapore?

Most websites i have found refers to MY. Do you Singapore riders bring the bike over the border every weekend in a trailer, or store somewhere in MY?

Brgds
David

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Motocross/Supercross · Next Topic »
Add Reply